Check here for the 2021 Senate Calendar
Check here for the 2021 House Calendar
Upcoming Congressional Hearings
- Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: Business meeting to consider pending nominations, including Laura Daniel-Davis to be an Assistant Secretary of the Interior (Land and Minerals Management) and Sara Bronin to be Chairman of the Advisory Council on Historic
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: “Hearing On Domestic And International Energy Price ”
- Thursday, November 18 at 10am EST: “Business Meeting To Consider Pending Legislation,” including a number of public lands and forestry bills. See here for the full list.
- House Foreign Affair Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: Subcommittee: Europe, Energy, the Environment and Cyber hearing on “National Security Implications of Climate Change in the Arctic.”
- House Natural Resources Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources hearing on “Oversight: Plugging in Public Lands: Transmission Infrastructure for Renewable Energy.”
- Tuesday, November 16 at 2pm EST: Legislative Hearing” to consider a number a bills, including H.R. 5770, the Forage Fish Conservation Act of 2021.
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10am EST: Markup of a number of wildlife and environment See the full list here.
- House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: Subcommittee on Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation hearing on “Rebuilding Coast Guard Infrastructure to Sustain and Enhance Mission”
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10:30am EST: “Industry and Labor Perspectives: A Further Look at North American Supply Chain”
- House Agriculture Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10am EST: Subcommittee on Commodity Exchanges, Energy, and Credit hearing on “A Look at the Renewable Economy in Rural America.”
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10am EST: Subcommittee on Livestock and Foreign Agriculture hearing on “Trade Policy and Priorities.”
- Senate Finance Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10:15am EST: ”Hearing to Consider the Nominations of The Honorable Maria Louise Lago, of New York, to be Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade and Lisa Wang, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Commerce.”
- House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Tuesday, November 16 at 10:30am EST: Subcommittee on Environment and Climate Change and the Subcommittee on Energy hearing on “Securing America’s Future: Supply Chain Solutions for a Clean Energy “
- Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10am EST: “Hearing on the Nomination of Martha Williams to be Director of the S. Fish and Wildlife Service of the Department of the Interior.”
- Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10am EST: “Executive Session and Nominations ”
- House Science, Space, and Technology Committee
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10am EST: Subcommittee on Energy hearing on “Fostering a New Era of Fusion Energy Research and Technology Development.”
- Senate Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry Committee
- Wednesday, November 17 at 10:30am EST: “To consider the following nominations: Chavonda J. Jacobs-Young to be Under Secretary of Agriculture for Research, Education, and Economics, USDA and Margo Schlanger to be an Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, ”
- House Select Committee on the Climate Crisis
- Thursday, November 18 at 9:30am EST: Hearing on “Tribal Voices, Tribal Wisdom: Strategies for the Climate ”
- Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
- Thursday, November 18 at 10:15am EST: “Nominations of Erik Hooks to be Deputy Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency, U.S. Department of Homeland Security; the Honorable Michael Kubayanda to be a Commissioner, Postal Regulatory Commission; Laurel A. Blatchford to be Controller, Office of Federal Financial Management, Office of Management and Budget; and Ebony M. Scott and Donald W. Tunnage to be Associate Judges, Superior Court of the District of Columbia.”
- 2372, the Recovering Americas Wildlife Act, now has 33 Senate cosponsors. NWF will continue pushing for more cosponsors and advocating for this critical wildlife conservation bill.
- In recent weeks, the Senate Appropriations Committee released the remainder of its appropriations bills for the fiscal year See the Committee’s website here for the full text of each bill.
- In previous weeks, the EPA issued its proposed rule strengthening, and expanding, methane limits on new oil and gas sector See here for NWF’s press release in support.
- See here for White House resources, including a comprehensive list of Executive orders to address COVID, the climate crisis, and environmental justice, among other topics.
What’s Happening This Week
- The House and Senate are both in session this week.
- The House is expected to consider, and vote on, the Build Back Better Act this week.
- The Senate is expected to take up the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022 this
- NWF continues to work to advance our priorities on Capitol Hill, so please feel free to share NWF’s 117th Congress National Policy Agenda.